Hi Readers of Train's! – Red, here, of Doesn't Speak Klingon. Train has been granted the Kreativ Blogger award, and chose this occasion to have me write a guest post! I have to say, I've had a lot of fun with it, and I hope you all do, too. Of course, he has the option to edit whatever he likes, or just to clarify my errors and exaggerations in the comment section. Shall we begin?
First, as with most awards, there are rules.
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer seven questions.
3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4. Hand the award on to 7 deserving others. (I don't have that many followers so I told "Red" to pick some of the bloggers that she think deserve it the most. All of my followers already have this award.)
Train's award came from Rachel of When a Lion Sleeps, LetHim Sleep. Rachel is a really gifted blogger. I think that I was her second or third follower. She always has a great way of expressing herself. You may be wondering how I can possibly answer the seven personal questions included in this award. The answer is simple: Read on.
1. What is your favorite song? I have some many it hard to choose but, the DJ song of the post will be at the bottom....It really depends on my mood.
2. What is your favorite dessert? I will go out of my way to find a funnel cake. (Long story but, you can read about it here.
3. What do you do when you are upset? I feel a need to explain what exactly is upsetting me to whoever is there to listen. It's my way of venting. More people should listen.
4. Which is your favorite pet? When I was a kid, we had a dog named Martin. He died. I don't want to talk about it.
5. Do you prefer white or wheat bread? White, of course!
6. What is your greatest fear? Hospitals! I hate them. I've had continuous, repeated, negative experiences at hospitals, so I think this fear is justified.
7. What is your attitude mostly? I think I can accurately describe my attitude as "can do". It's had to be that way ever since I lost my feet. I know I can do things, sometimes it's just a bit more difficult for me now.
...so those are the questions and answers.
Now for 10 random (possibly apocryphal) factoids about myself:
1. It's time to come clean: I didn't really lose my feet to Lemierre's. I used to be a runner, winning 5K's, triathlons and marathons all over the place. Then one night as I was crossing the parking lot leaving my formerly favorite bar, I was abducted by aliens. It was very traumatic, and it's hard for me to talk about it even now. The short version is that they amputated my feet to try to learn my secret. I guess the aliens thought my speed and endurance as a runner came from my feet. But as every runner knows... The power to win comes from within!
2. I spent a summer working as a fruit vendor in an open market in Morocco.
3. My secret passion is pigeons. I have 15 homing pigeons who occupy my every waking moment (when I'm not DJ-ing, of course). That's why I don't post very often: my pigeons need me.
4. I am a giant in the world of Physics. The physics of sound is my particular specialty. That's actually why I'm such an outstanding DJ. I know what I'm doing on the wavelength level.
5. I find Amish girls in little floral dresses to be unbelievably sexy.
6. I am a Taurus.
7. This song give me nightmares: "Like a Surgeon"
8. The Hulk is the best Avenger.
9. My shoe size used to be 14 ½. Now it's a kids size 6. (stupid aliens.)
10. In a previous life, Red and I ran with the same crowd. That's why I let her do this guest post: She knows me so well!
And 2 blogs I think you should know more about:
Icy Highs especially check out his music reccommendations. ("music recco" in his tag cloud)
Cranky & Difficult at "The View From OverHere" this blog is all movie reviews.
Wow!!! Just wow....I am blown away at how "Red" did this post without my help and I only changed a couple of things.... number 6 and 9 was the only thing that I changed!!! Thanks again "Red" for helping me with this...
DJ Song of the Post: Whatever makes you feel like a rockstar